This is the A6M3 Type 22 Zeke, Kit No. 85 in the Tamiya WWII aircraft series.
And it is as nearly a perfect kit as you will find. The fit of the parts is right on. I did not have to apply any putty anywhere. The details are quite something in this small scale. If it was scaled up to 1/48th scale, it would still be a great kit.
I have not made a Japanese aircraft in quite some years, and I was looking for a small, quick project. This was in the stash, and I had all the colors I needed on hand. So, out it came.
An Eduard canopy mask set was on hand also. Those sets are worth the cost. It obviates one of the un-fun chores with a model like this with so many windows and in 72nd scale too.
I added some surgical tape seatbelts, which look okay in this scale. The kit decals went on perfectly using the Microscale system.
I have not added an antenna nor have I weathered it. That will come soon. I have just put together a homemade setup for photographing models, and I wanted to test it out. The Zeke was done enough to put something up about it. I still have a Tamiya Spitfire Vb, and Accurate Miniatures SBD-3 Dauntless and an Eduard Yak-3 that I have completed in the past few months. I will be posting photos of them soon now that I have a better setup for taking photos.
Thank you for looking.