Monday, August 8, 2016

Tamiya 1/72d scale Zero - A Nearly Perfect Kit


This is the A6M3 Type 22 Zeke, Kit No. 85 in the Tamiya WWII aircraft series.

And it is as nearly a perfect kit as you will find.  The fit of the parts is right on.  I did not have to apply any putty anywhere.  The details are quite something in this small scale.  If it was scaled up to 1/48th scale, it would still be a great kit.

I have not made a Japanese aircraft in quite some years, and I was looking for a small, quick project.  This was in the stash, and I had all the colors I needed on hand.  So, out it came.

An Eduard canopy mask set was on hand also.  Those sets are worth the cost.  It obviates one of the un-fun chores with a model like this with so many windows and in 72nd scale too.

I added some surgical tape seatbelts, which look okay in this scale.  The kit decals went on perfectly using the Microscale system.

I have not added an antenna nor have I weathered it.  That will come soon.  I have just put together a homemade setup for photographing models, and I wanted to test it out.  The Zeke was done enough to put something up about it.  I still have a Tamiya Spitfire Vb, and Accurate Miniatures SBD-3 Dauntless and an Eduard Yak-3 that I have completed in the past few months.  I will be posting photos of them soon now that I have a better setup for taking photos.

Thank you for looking.











No comments:

Post a Comment